When using an incompatible screen resolution, you may get stuck in the character selection screen as the buttons to proceed won't show up. We recommend modifying your config files to run the game in windowed-mode.
To find and change your config files, you'll need to 'Show Hidden Files'.
To do this, navigate to:
Windows Explorer > Local Disk (C:) > Organize > Folder and search options > View > Hidden files and folders > click Show hidden files, folders and drives > OK
If you are using Windows 10:
- Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.
- Click the View tab.
- Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files and folders, and then click OK.
Once you've done that:
1. Go to C:\Users\\
2. Open GameUserSettings.ini in a text editor (e.g. Notepad)
3. Change FullScreenMode=0 to FullscreenMode=2
4. Change LastConfirmedFullscreenMode=0 to LastConfirmedFullscreenMode=2
5. Change to LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX=1920 and LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY=1080 (or any other compatible screen resolution).
Save this file and launch the game. You are now running windowed mode. Once in-game, you can change the settings more to your liking.