The "Failed to Create Profile" error is typically caused when your Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, Windows Defender or Bitdefender software blocks Train Sim World from creating profile information in your Documents folder.
The following options can help you resolve this issue.
Check all Anti-Virus/Firewall software you own (eg. Windows Defender, BitDefender, AVG, etc..)
The most common cause of being unable to create a profile is anti-virus/firewall software blocking access to the game. Every Windows 10 computer has Windows Defender installed by default, but you may have additional anti-virus/malware/firewall apps installed. We would strongly advise you to double-check Windows Defender and any other software you may have installed to ensure that they are not blocking the game. If you have additional software installed, please check their documentation to add an exception.
Windows Defender - Allow an app through the firewall
- Right-click on the Start menu and go to Settings.
- Go to Update & Security, Windows Security, then Firewall & network protection.
- Click on Allow an app through the firewall
- Find Train Sim World 2 in the list
- Click on Change settings
- Place a tick in both the Public and Private columns (Depending on the network type you are using)
- Press OK.
Windows Defender will display a pop-up alert when a new application attempts to access the internet. You may need to minimise the game to access the pop-up. The pop-up will give you the option of either allowing or blocking the new application.
Please consider all the following applications which may interfere with your game:
- Anti-virus Software
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) Software
- Anti-Spyware Software
- Firewalls & Security Applications
- Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Clients & File Sharing Software
- FTP and Web Server Applications
- IP Filtering/Blocking Programs
- Download Accelerator and Download Manager Programs
Run Train Sim World 2 as an Administrator
- Open Steam, go to Library, then find Train Sim World 2
- Right-click, Manage, Browse Local Files
- Go to:
- Epic Store: \\Program Files\Epic Games\TrainSimWorld2\TS2Prototype\Binaries\Win64\
- Steam: \\Steam\steamapps\common\Train Sim World 2\WindowsNoEditor\TS2Prototype\Binaries\Win64\
- Right-click TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping.exe, go to Properties, Compatibility
- Tick "Run this program as an administrator" and click Apply
Ensure you have the correct permissions to read/write in the save location
- Go to:
- Epic Store: C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld2EGS\
- Steam: C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld2\
- Right-click the TrainSimWorld2 folder, go to Properties.
- Untick Read-Only. (A black square is the read only box is normal behaviour and does not mean the contents of the folder is read only)
- Go to the Security Tab.
- Click on your Username.
- Check that under your Username you have Full Control ticked, or press Edit to change permissions.
- Click Apply.