When you start Train Sim World 2020 on Xbox One, you see the splash screen for a few seconds before being sent back to the Home screen or you're given the Took too long to start or 8027025A error.
To resolve this issue, quit and restart the app:
- If Train Sim World 2020 is available on the Home screen (in either the big centre tile or one of the four "most recently used" tiles) highlight that tile with your controller (but don't select it).
- Press the Menu button on the controller.
- If the option to Quit is present, select it. (If it's not present, the app is not currently running.)
- Once you're sure Train Sim World is closed, re-launch the app by selecting it from the recently used tiles or from My games & apps.
If Train Sim World 2020 doesn't start, try these additional instructions to restart your console:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
Note Pressing the Xbox button opens the guide from any screen on the console.
- Select Settings.
- Select Restart console.
- Select Yes to confirm.
- Try to launch the app again.
Note If you're unable to access the guide or if the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart. Try to launch the app again.
If the issue still isn't resolved, try uninstalling Train Sim World 2020 and then reinstalling it. Here's how:
- On Home, move right and select My games & apps.
- Highlight the content you want to uninstall.
- Press the Menu button on your controller.
- Select Uninstall.
If you keep experiencing the problem, contact Customer Support using the Submit a Ticket link at the top of this page.