The first thing to check when experiencing issues with Dovetail Live is your account activation. When an account is created you will be sent an email containing a link which will verify your email address and activate your account. The link contained in this email will expire within 12 hours. After this time, you will need to send in a support ticket to ask for the verification email to be resent.
If you email address has not been verified you may experience one or more of the following issues:
- Mastery/Stats not tracking
- Unable to change password
- Account won't stay signed in
Dovetail Live Connection Issues
If your account has been activated but your Mastery/Stats are not tracking as you would expect, it is likely that the connection to the Dovetail Live servers needs to be refreshed. In most cases you can resolve these issues by using our guide to sign out and back into Dovetail Live.
Signing Out and Into Dovetail Live
- When the server is busy, it may take longer for your tracked progress to update.
- If you are connected and the server is down for maintenance, progress sent will be saved and updated as soon as the server comes back online.
- A limited amount of offline data will be saved before it is overwritten, so please make sure you are not offline for extended durations.
- You may need to repeat this process if it does not correct the issue the first time.
Dovetail Live Service Update
In 2021 an update to the Dovetail Live service meant that users were able to choose a unique display name and share their profile with other users.
If you created an account before this time and have not signed into the Dovetail Live website since, you may experience issues with mastery. However, new accounts will automatically have this feature.
This can be easily fixed by signing into the Dovetail Live website and choosing a unique display name.
Dovetail Live Sign In: https://live.dovetailgames.com/auth/login