It is important to remember that many games do not use "cloud saves" and instead store your saved data on your PC. Therefore, it is important to make sure your data is secure, should anything happen to your PC.
Dovetail Live does not save your in-game progress. It can only be used to track your Railfan Shots, Mastery Challenges & Rewards.
Therefore, if you plan to make any changes to your computer such as uninstalling the game, moving to a new computer or reinstalling Windows, you will need to backup your saved data.
To backup your saved data, please navigate to the relevant location below and copy the folder to a safe location. If you ever need to recover your saved data from a backup, simply copy the folder back to the same location and overwrite any existing files.
It would be good practice to back up your "Documents" folder with a cloud storage service, in case of hardware failure or any other case of data loss.
Train Simulator Classic
- Train Simulator (saved data is stored per route): \\Steam\steamapps\common\RailWorks\Content
Train Sim World
- Steam - \\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\TS2Prototype
- Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass - \\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\TS2PrototypeGP
Train Sim World 2
- Steam - \\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld2
- Epic - \\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld2EGS
- Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass - \\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld2WGDK
Train Sim World 3
- Steam - \\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld3
- Epic - \\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld3EGS
- Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass - \\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld3WGDK
- Euro Fishing/The Catch/Fishing Sim World - \\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\FishingGame
- Bassmaster Fishing 2022 - \\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\BassmasterFishing