Steam provides an easy method to allow you to verify the integrity of your Train Simulator or Train Sim World installation. This process will check for any corrupted and/or missing files that are required to properly run the software and will also check any add-on content you have purchased.
Please follow the instructions below to perform a file verification. After this is complete, any missing files will be automatically downloaded. If you’ve been encountering a problem before the file verification, please attempt to reproduce the issue after the process is complete, to see if it has fixed the problem.
Before you begin, it’s important that:
- You perform this overnight or when you’re not using your computer as the process can take a long time, particularly if you own numerous items of add-on content. We would recommend you allow at least 2 hours for this but it can take as long as 12 hours to complete depending on how large your collection is.
- You allow the process to fully complete, do not interrupt, close Steam or restart your computer until you’re satisfied it has finished.
- You understand that any modifications or third-party content (that were not downloaded from Steam) may be removed by performing this process.
- Load Steam and navigate to your Game Library.
- Right-click once on Train Simulator or Train Sim World and select Properties.
- Select the Local Files tab and left-click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Allow the process to complete and allow Steam to download any files that need to be reacquired.
- Once completed, it’s important that you restart Steam by selecting Exit from the Steam menu.
- Note it may also be necessary for you to restart your computer. If you continue to experience issues with Steam, Train Simulator and/or Train Sim World, please try restarting your computer.
Train Simulator Specific Instructions:
Even after completing the above, it is recommended you also flush the cache for Train Simulator as some content may not appear until this is performed. To do this, follow the additional instructions below:
- Load Train Simulator 32-bit Edition and from the Main Menu, select Settings.
- Click Tools then the Clear Cache button.
- Click Yes to restart Train Simulator.
Who is this Document For?
Train Simulator or Train Sim World owners who are using Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 or Windows 7.