If your game or add-on is not working as intended, you may have missing or corrupt files as a result of a bad/interrupted download. Verifying your game files will replace any missing or corrupt files, restoring your game installation. However, before you begin, please take note of the following...
- Depending on the size of your game, and the speed of your PC/Internet, this may take several hours to complete.
- Do not interrupt, close Steam or restart your computer until the process has been finished.
- Third-party content/modifications (that were not downloaded from Steam) may be removed by performing this process.
How to Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Restart your computer and launch Steam
- From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.
- Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
Additional Steps for Train Simulator Classic
It is also recommended to clear the cache for Train Simulator, as some content may not appear until this is performed.
- Open Train Simulator
- Select Settings >Tools
- Click Clear Cache
- Restart Train Simulator