In order for Train Sim World to run, it requires third-party system libraries to be installed. These libraries are necessary for the reliable operation of Train Sim World, and it will not run without them. Typically, Steam will install these when you first install Train Sim World but in the unlikely event it fails to do so, here’s how to install them manually:
Direct X Runtimes
- Go to: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35
- Download and follow the on-screen instructions to install.
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019
- Go to: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433-9aff-95f26a218cc0
- Scroll down to "Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019"
- Download both "vc_redist.x64.exe" and "vc_redist.x86.exe".
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install.
Each setup application will provide you with specific guidance whether you need to install it or not. If you get presented with such information, it’s safe for you to continue to install/repair the installation (it’s worth doing this just to be sure) or cancel.
Who is this Document For?
Train Sim World owners who are using Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 or Windows 7.