If you have downloaded Train Sim World 2 from the Epic Games Store and are receiving an error message stating "The following component(s) are required to run this program: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime" then please consult the information below.
Firstly, we would recommend that you uninstall all instances of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and later.
- Right-click on the Start menu and go to Apps & Features
- Scroll down the list of apps and uninstall any entries for "Microsoft Visual C++" 2015 and later.
- Now, restart your computer
Now we need to install the required version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistribute
- Go to: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433-9aff-95f26a218cc0
- Scroll down to "Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019".
- Download both "vc_redist.x64.exe" and "vc_redist.x86.exe".
- Temporarily disable any anti-malware software you may have, so it does not interfere with the installation process.
- Open each file and follow the on-screen instructions to install.