Reinstalling Train Sim World is fundamentally one of the easiest methods of restoring the software to the default “factory” state (the term factory simply means to restore to a state as originally intended by the manufacturer).
Train Sim World
- Navigate to where you saved data is located, depending on which game/platform you are playing on.
- Train Sim World (Steam): C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\TS2Prototype
- Train Sim World (Xbox PC): C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\TS2PrototypeGP
- Train Sim World 2 (Steam): C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld2
- Train Sim World 2 (Epic): C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld2EGS
- Train Sim World 2 (Xbox PC): C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld2WGDK
- Copy the Saved folder to a safe place, like your desktop. (Returning this folder to the same location after reinstallation will restore your saved data)
- Open your game client (Steam, Xbox App, Epic Games Store)
- Locate your game in the Library, then...
Steam - Right click, Manage > Uninstall
EPIC - Click on the "...", then Uninstall
Xbox App - Right click, Uninstall Game
- Next, you will need to delete the installation folder to ensure that no conflicting files are left behind.
- Steam Default Location: \\Steam\steamapps\common\
- Delete the "TrainSimWorld/TrainSimWorld2" folder.
- Epic Default Location: \\Program Files\Epic Games\
- Delete the "TrainSimWorld2" folder.
- Microsoft Store/Xbox App - This is handled automatically. The app does not give players access to their game files.
- Next, open your game client back up click Install and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall your game.