The Dovetail Store inside of Train Simulator requires a constant connection to Steam in order to function, so when this connection is broken it can lead to the store button becoming greyed-out (unavailable).
To resolve this issue please check and then test each of the following options in order.
How to setup Steam
Open Steam and use the top menu to navigate to Steam > Settings > In-game.
- Place a tick next to Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
- Set Steam Networking to Default.
- Go to Settings > Downloads.
- Set Download Region to a location closest to where you live.
- Go to Settings >Cloud.
- Place a tick next to Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for applications which support it.
- Click Ok and restart Steam.
How to setup Train Simulator
- Open Steam and go to the Library.
- Locate and right-click on Train Simulator.
- Go to Properties > General and tick all available boxes.
- Tick all boxes.
- Go to Properties > Updates.
- Set Automatic Updates to Always keep this game updated
Configuring your firewall/anti-virus software
Refer to the documentation that came with your software to allow before Steam and Train Simulator as an exception to prevent any Firewall/Anti-Virus software you have installed from blocking them.
Configuring your route
- Enable port forwarding on 27015 TCP/UDP, 27000-27100 UDP and 27015-27030 TCP/UDP
If you route has NAT enabled you may not need to manually enable port forwarding. However, if you are unsure, please contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) before making any changes.