TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What Are Legacy Add-ons?
- What is Excluded?
- What Features Will TSW Compatible Add-ons Benefit from in Train Sim World 3?
- How Do I Download Legacy Add-ons for Train Sim World 3?
- Where Do I Find the In-Game Content for Legacy Add-ons?
What Are Legacy Add-ons?
Legacy add-ons are add-ons which were originally created for Train Sim World 2020 or Train Sim World 2, but can be used in Train Sim World 3.
If you already own add-ons in one or more of these games, you will be able to download the equivalent add-ons in Train Sim World 3 at no extra cost, so long as you are playing on the same platform and account.
However, if you are purchasing a legacy add-on for the first time, you will find it in your platform's store marked with the "Train Sim World Compatible" logo.
The following guide has a full list of Train Sim World Compatible add-ons and which games they are compatible with.
What is Excluded?
NEC: New York, Amtrak SW1000R and CSX GP40-2 add-ons will not be compatible with Train Sim World 3.
What Features Will TSW Compatible Add-ons Benefit from in Train Sim World 3?
Train Sim World Compatible add-ons will support dynamic weather in Timetable Mode.
How Do I Download Legacy Add-ons for Train Sim World 3?
Firstly, you will need to establish whether you have purchased a digital license for an add-on or if it was included on a disc-based copy of a Train Sim World game.
How Do I Download Digitally Owned Add-ons
If you have purchased an add-on directly from a digital platform store (e.g. PlayStation Store/Xbox Store) or redeemed an activation key for an add-on purchased from a third-party reseller, then you will have a digital license for that add-on. A digital license will automatically entitle you to download the equivalent add-on for Train Sim World 3 on the same platform and account.
However, you will need to own both the legacy add-on and Train Sim World 3 on the same platform and account. If this applies to you, please use the instructions for your specific platform to download the add-on for Train Sim World 3.
Xbox/PlayStation will need to
How Do I Download Add-Ons That Were Included on a Disc?
If you have one of the discs listed below, please Submit a Ticket to get in contact with Dovetail Support. When submitting a ticket, please use the category "Product Key Claims" and fill out the subsequent fields.
Please note: Only PlayStation & Xbox disc based claims will be accepted. Physical versions of the game for Steam (PC) will include activation keys that add the game and add-ons to your account. This means entitlement will be automatic.
The following table shows which add-ons each disc-based release entitles you to.
Where Do I Find the In-Game Content for Legacy Add-ons?
What is included?
To ensure that you have a good understanding of what has been included with your add-on, please read the product description. For example, if you scroll down a product page on the Steam Store, you will find an About This Content section. If you click on Read More to expand this section, you can read the full product description.
Some Loco & Expansion add-ons will have additional dependencies listed in the product description.
The Key Features section will tell you what content is included in the add-on.
Where Do I Find the Content?
Where to find the add-on content in-game will depend on the type of add-on you have purchased. In this section we are going to cover Routes, Locos & Expansions.
- Route add-ons can be found by clicking on TO THE TRAINS > CHOOSE A ROUTE from the main menu.
- Loco add-ons can be found by clicking on TO THE TRAINS > TRAIN DEPOT from the main menu.
- Expansion add-ons will increase the amount of content available for a route add-on. Therefore, it is important to read the product description to understand which routes will benefit.
- Expansion add-ons that include Scenarios can be found by clicking on:
- TO THE TRAINS > CHOOSE A ROUTE
- Select the relevant route and choose Scenarios.
- Expansion add-ons that include Timetables can be found by clicking on:
- TO THE TRAINS > CHOOSE A ROUTE
- Select the relevant route and choose Timetables.
- Expansion add-ons that include Liveries can be found by clicking on:
- TO THE TRAINS > TRAIN DEPOT
- Select Timetable/Scenarios.
- Select the relevant loco.
- On the Official tab, select from the available liveries.
Official Livery Example: